AS7261N - Spectral Sensor
Tri-Stimulus XYZ + NIR Sensor with Electronic Shutter
- Tri-stimulus XYZ+NIR realized by silicon interference filters
- Integrated programmable LED drivers
- I²C slave digital interface with optional interrupt operation
- 16-bit ADC with digital access
- 20-pin LGA package 4.5mm x 4.7mm x 2.5mm, with built-in aperture
- Stable filter conditions over temperature and life time
- Compact true-color sensing, XYZ coordinates direct from the sensor
- Direct register read and write with interrupt on sensor ready
- Signal conditioning on chip
- Sample illumination without external LED driver
|Sensor Type||XYZ tri-stimulus/standard observer|
|Applications||Color analysis and color calibration|
|I/O||I²C slave digital Interface|
|Package||20-pin LGA with aperture|
|Size [mm]||4.5 x 4.7 x 2.5|
|Supply Voltage [V]||2.7 to 3.6|
|Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to +85|
The AS7261N provides direct XYZ sensor data which conforms to the tri-stimulus standard observer color response of the human eye. A near-IR channel and LED drivers with programmable currents increase application flexibility, including support for electronic shutter applications.The AS7261N integrates Gaussian filters into standard CMOS silicon via nano-optic deposited interference filter technology and is packaged in an LGA package that provides a built in aperture to control the light entering the sensor array.
Control and spectral data access is implemented through an I²C register set.
Not Recommended for New Designs
ams-OSRAM AG does not recommend using this product for new designs. Please see AS7261 for possible replacement or contact your local sales representative for further information.
This product suits for the following applications:
- Color measurement and absorbance
- Color matching and identification
- Precision color tuning/calibration
|Datasheet||Document version 1-02||English|
|Application Note||AS726xN Design Considerations||English|
|Product Change Notification||CN25-2019 (Customer Information AS72xx)||English|
|Block Diagram||AS7261N Block Diagram||English|
AS7261 Spectral Sensing Engine
Control and spectral data access is implemented either through either the I²C virtual register set, or via the serial UART enabling use of the high level smart spectral command set.