AS7225 Smart Lighting Director
Tunable White and Daylighting Smart Sensor/Director
- Calibrated tristimulus XYZ CCT delivers closed loop CCT/daylighting directives to application microprocessor
- I²C and serial UART interfaces with simple text or register-based commands to control and configure key light tuning supervisory functions
- Calibrated-for life nano-optic silicon interference filters for XYZ, CCT, DUV and lux
- Additional master I²C for add-on ambient light sensing
- 20-pin LGA 4.5mm x 4.7mm x 2.5mm, -40°C to +85°C
- Maximizes system flexibility and lowers overall manufactured costs while adding precision to tunable white luminaires and lamps
- Easy integration with flexible interface options to support any standard application host microprocessor
- Eliminates light-by-light factory calibration for most tunable white and daylighting luminaires
- Built-in support for daylighting/daylight harvesting systems
- Compact lighting-capable package with no added optics required
|Sensor Type||CIE tristimulus XYZ|
|Application||Closed loop color/daylighting tuning|
|UART||Yes, supports high level directive interface|
|Reference Networking||Host µP|
|Smart Ltg Command Set||UART commands or I²C register-based parameters|
|Lux/CCT Control||Via I²C directives|
|Package||20-pin LGA with aperture|
Not recommended for new designs. See AS7221 superset product.
Simplify tunable white lighting systems with the AS7225 sensor-integrated IoT smart sensor/director. The AS7225 will lower the manufactured cost of your tunable white lighting system, while allowing maximum IoT flexibility by working in conjunction with any standard application host microprocessor. CCT-calibrated tri-stimulus color sensing for direct CIE color point mapping translates CCT targets to warm/cool string directives.
Adaptive algorithmic support enables a companion application host microprocessor to implement closed-loop, autonomous adjustment of variable CCT and daylight responsive LED lamps and luminaires. The AS7225 arrives pre-calibrated, and is designed for rapid integration into white-tunable and daylight responsive luminaire designs, delivering directives to the local microprocessor via serial UART or I²C bus. Sensor integration plus closed loop control enables lower precision system components to produce a higher-quality tunable white luminaire or replacement lamp.
This product suits for the following applications:
- Intelligent, networked solid-state lighting systems for variable CCT and daylight harvesting
- Integrated smart lighting control of variable CCT white lighting solutions
- Luminaires intended to meet California Title 24 daylighting requirements
- Commercial, retail, and residential white/color changing LED lighting systems
- Networked lighting systems with IoT sensor expandability
|Datasheet||AS7225 Calibrated XYZ Chromatic Smart Lighting Director||English|
|Application Note||FlashCatUSB Programming Instruction||English|
|Application Note||Evaluation User Interface Installation & Operation Guide||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx External Flash program and update 10V1||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx How to Flash AS72xx Firmware using||English|
|Application Note||True Color Luminaire Design Bluetooth Connected||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx How to Program AS72xx Firmware with FlashCatUSB 1V24||English|
|User Guide||Director Demo Kit User Guide||English|
|Other Product Document||ams Smart Lighting Short Intro-Jun 2018||English|
|Product Change Notification||CN25-2019 (Customer Information AS72xx)||English|
AS7220 CCT and Lumen Maintenance Manager
Configurable single CCT lifetime target values are stored at the time of manufacture, allowing the AS7220 to manage independent LED strings to assure consistent CCT over time, temperature, and the full range of dimming. In addition, a selection of industry standard CCT targets can be selected via resistor configuration to enable a single BOM to satisfy multiple CCT SKUs while increasing lifetime color precision. Target lumen output lux-criteria are similarly configurable and are used by the AS7220 to map internal lux to manage LED strings to replace "percent of drive current" with "percent of rated lumen output", for all dimming operations.
Legacy controls are fully supported with direct connection to 0-10V control,. Control outputs include direct PWM management of digital LED drivers or analog 0-10V for standard dimmable drivers.