AS7221 CCT Tuning Smart Lighting Manager
Tunable white lighting, simplified!
- Intelligent controller with integrated XYZ tristimulus sensor
- Selectable drive modes, including PWM-switched current steering or PWM-based duty cycle management
- Built-in 0-10V analog or PWM digital dimming outputs generator for precise 1% dimming
- 20-pin LGA 4.5mm x 4.7mm x 2.5mm, -40°C to 85°C
- Lowers overall manufactured costs and adds precision to tunable white luminaires and lamps
- Enables cost-optimized single channel drivers to deliver a precise tunable white result
- Supports legacy IO approaches, as well as digital deep dimming
- Compact lighting-capable package with no added optics required
|Sensor Type||True color XYZ (CIE)|
|Application||CCT tunable luminaires and IoT smart lights|
|Reference Networking||BLE, serial|
|Smart Ltg Command Set||Yes|
|Lux/CCT Control||CCT/Lux command set|
|I²C||Master to support TSL45315 ALS, plus CCS811 VOC, ENS210 T&H|
Simplify tunable white lighting systems with the AS7221 sensor-integrated IoT smart lighting manager. The AS7221 will lower the manufactured cost of your tunable white lighting system. Closed loop calibrated tri-stimulus color sensing for direct CIE color point mapping and control enables lower precision components to produce a higher-quality tunable white luminaire or replacement lamp. Pre-calibrated to a typical 2 SDCM accuracy, this network enabled chip-scale solution uses a simple text-based smart lighting command set via the serial UART interface to deliver easy integration to standard network clients. Legacy controls are also supported with direct connection to 0-10V controls,. Control outputs include direct PWM management of digital LED drivers or analog 0-10V for standard dimmable drivers.
This product suits for the following applications:
- Intelligent, networked solid-state lighting manager for variable CCT and daylight harvesting
- Integrated smart lighting control of variable CCT white lighting solutions
- Luminaires intended to meet California Title 24 daylighting requirements
- Commercial, retail, and residential white/color changing LED lighting systems
- Networked lighting systems with IoT sensor expandability
|AS7221/20/11/10 Smart Lighting IntegrationKit||Application Board||Smart Lighting Integration Kit for AS722x/1x|
|Application Note||AS72xx – EEPROM Updating using I2C 1V02||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx External Flash program and update 10V1||English|
|Application Note||True Color Luminaire Design Bluetooth Connected||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx How to Program AS72xx Firmware with FlashCatUSB 1V24||English|
|Application Note||AS72xx How to Flash AS72xx Firmware using||English|
|User Guide||AS7221 Spectral Sensor Dashboard Installation & Operation Guide||English|
|User Guide||AS7221 Smart Lighting Integration Kit (SLIK) User Guide||English|
|Other Product Document||ams Smart Lighting Short Intro-Jun 2018||English|
|Block Diagram||AS7221 Block Diagram||English|
AS7210 Smart Daylighting Manager
AS7211 IoT Smart Daylighting Manager
AS7220 CCT and Lumen Maintenance Manager
Configurable single CCT lifetime target values are stored at the time of manufacture, allowing the AS7220 to manage independent LED strings to assure consistent CCT over time, temperature, and the full range of dimming. In addition, a selection of industry standard CCT targets can be selected via resistor configuration to enable a single BOM to satisfy multiple CCT SKUs while increasing lifetime color precision. Target lumen output lux-criteria are similarly configurable and are used by the AS7220 to map internal lux to manage LED strings to replace "percent of drive current" with "percent of rated lumen output", for all dimming operations.
Legacy controls are fully supported with direct connection to 0-10V control,. Control outputs include direct PWM management of digital LED drivers or analog 0-10V for standard dimmable drivers.
AS7225 Smart Lighting Director
Adaptive algorithmic support enables a companion application host microprocessor to implement closed-loop, autonomous adjustment of variable CCT and daylight responsive LED lamps and luminaires. The AS7225 arrives pre-calibrated, and is designed for rapid integration into white-tunable and daylight responsive luminaire designs, delivering directives to the local microprocessor via serial UART or I²C bus. Sensor integration plus closed loop control enables lower precision system components to produce a higher-quality tunable white luminaire or replacement lamp.