AS7024 Vital Signs Module
Smart Health & Fitness Solution
- Single module integrated solution - 5 Photo Diodes (4 for PPG, 1 for Prox), 3 LEDs (2 green, 1 IR), Analog Front End
- Dimension 2.7mm x 6.1mm
- Low noise Optical Front End (Synchronous demodulators, Programmable sequencer & HP filter)
- Low noise analog electrical front for ECG and additional measurements
- Algorithms for HRM, motion compensation, blood pressure
- Allows small size application e.g. wearable and mobile
- Reliable PPG and HRM measurement
- Works reliably with ambient light
- Off load processor ensuring long operating time
- Additional information e.g. ECG, Blood Pressure, Temperature
- 1-stop shop combining Hardware and Algorithm allows quick time to market
|Supply Voltage [V]||2.7 to 5.5|
|I²C Bus||I²C Slave, Standard (100kHz) and Fast Mode (400kHz)|
|Temperature Range [°C]||-30 to 70|
|Packages||20 pins, 6.1mm x 2.7mm x 1mm|
|LED Configuration||2 Green, 1 IR|
|Supported Algorithms||Blood Pressure, HRM, HRV|
The operation of the AS7024 is based on photoplethysmography (PPG) and electrocardiogram (ECG). PPG is the most used HRM method which measures the pulse rate by
sampling light modulated by the blood vessels, which expand and contract as blood pulses through them. ECG is the reference for any measurement of the bio potential generated by the heart.
The AS7024 is supported by algorithms converting the PPG and ECG readings into digital HRM, HRV and Blood Pressure values. The module includes the LEDs, photo-sensor, analog front-end (AFE) and sequencer as well as application software. In addition to HRM/HRV and Blood Pressure, the module also enables skin temperature and skin resistivity measurements by providing interfaces to external sensors.
The AS7024’s low-power design and small from factor is particularly well suited to application in fitness bands, smart watches, sports watches and smart patches, in which board space is limited and in which users look for extended, multi-day intervals between battery recharges.
This product suits for the following applications:
- Smart health
- Smart patches
- Health & Wellness
|Block Diagram||Block Diagram AS7024||English|
|Datasheet||Document version 1-04||English|
|Factsheet||Vital Signs Module||English|
|Other Product Document||AS7024 EVK Image||English|
|Other Product Document||AS7024 add on board image||English|
|Quick Start Guide||Evaluation Kit User Guide (EVK v1.2.0)||English|
The module also enables skin temperature and skin resistivity measurements by providing interfaces to external sensors.
The AS7000’s low power design is particularly well suited to application in fitness bands, smart watches and sports watches, in which board space is limited and in which users look for extended, multi-day intervals between battery recharges.