AS5950 CT Sensor Chip
16-slice CT sensor chip with photodiodes and readout circuit
- High sensitive photodiode and ADC in one integrated sensor
- Calibration mode for external linearity calibration
- Adjustable full scale range, resolution, integration time and active sensor area
- Adaptive array enables selection of total sensor dimension of 16 mm or 32 mm
- Standard pixel size of 0.98 x 0.98 mm
- Customization of pixel dimensions on request
- Ultra-low input related noise down to typ. 0.20 fC
- Fast integration time down to 200 µs
- Low power dissipation down to typ. 0.65 mW per channel
- High ADC linearity of ±300 ppm of reading and total linearity of ±600 ppm including the photodiode
- Up to 25-bit resolution
|Applications||Medical, Industrial and Security CT scanners|
|Primary Function||16-Slice CT Sensor|
|Input Related Noise||0.20|
|Min. Power Consumption [mW per Channel]||0.65|
|Min. Integration Time / Line Time [µs]||200|
|Package||Die on Foil|
The AS5950 is a sensor chip for 16-slice CT detectors that combines the photodiodes and the readout circuit on a single CMOS chip. This sensor solution, which includes an array of photodiodes with ultra-low dark current and a 64-channel ADC side-by-side, allows the assembly of the pixel array on three adjacent edges of the device. Two AS5950 ICs can be placed in Z-direction enabling the design of 16-slice detectors for cost optimized CT machines.
The total sensor dimension in Z-direction is selectable between 16 or 32 mm, enabling two modes of operation. The adaptive array concept allows either a high resolution or a large sensor size on the detector. Pixel dimensions can be customized on request. The available standard product comes with a pixel dimension of 0.98x0.98 mm². The sensor can be directly assembled on a substrate using a wire bonding process for manufacturing of a CT module.
Superior image quality can be achieved because the input-related noise is very low. In high-resolution mode a typical noise of 0.20 fC can be reached including the photodiode. This ultra-low noise figure is the result of the small capacitance of the photodiode, and the very low parasitic capacitance of the interconnect between the photodiode and its corresponding ADC channel.
The low power consumption of typ. 0.65 mW per channel reduces self-heating effects and reduces the overall cost of cooling the system. The digital data readout can be accessed via SPI interface. It is also used to configure parameters such as pixel resolution, input current range, active sensor area and enabling the calibration mode. An integrated temperature sensor enables monitoring of the junction temperature. Featuring on-chip photodiodes, the AS5950 offers a cost-optimized solution and is delivered as die on foil.
This product suits for the following applications:
- Medical, Industrial and Security CT scanners
- 8-slice and 16-slice CT detectors
|AS5950 Module Reference Design||Application Board||AS5950 Module Reference Design|
|AS5950 Eval Kit||Application Board||AS5950 Evaluation Kit|
|Evaluation Software||AS5950_EvalSW_UserGuide-UG000465_v1-0-0.pdf AS5950 Module Reference Design User Guide||EN|
|Special Datasheet||AS5950 Short Datasheet||English|
|Block Diagram||AS5950 block diagram||English|
|Factsheet||Sensor Chip for 16-Slice CT||English|
|Image||AS5950 Cross Section||English|