AS7261N - Spectral Sensor
Tri-Stimulus XYZ + NIR Sensor with Electronic Shutter
- Tri-stimulus XYZ+NIR realized by silicon interference filters
- Integrated programmable LED drivers
- I²C slave digital interface with optional interrupt operation
- 16-bit ADC with digital access
- 20-pin LGA package 4.5mm x 4.7mm x 2.5mm, with built-in aperture
- Stable filter conditions over temperature and life time
- Compact true-color sensing, XYZ coordinates direct from the sensor
- Direct register read and write with interrupt on sensor ready
- Signal conditioning on chip
- Sample illumination without external LED driver
|Sensor Type||XYZ tri-stimulus/standard observer|
|Applications||Color analysis and color calibration|
|I/O||I²C slave digital Interface|
|Package||20-pin LGA with aperture|
|Size [mm]||4.5 x 4.7 x 2.5|
|Supply Voltage [V]||2.7 to 3.6|
|Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to +85|
The AS7261N provides direct XYZ sensor data which conforms to the tri-stimulus standard observer color response of the human eye. A near-IR channel and LED drivers with programmable currents increase application flexibility, including support for electronic shutter applications.The AS7261N integrates Gaussian filters into standard CMOS silicon via nano-optic deposited interference filter technology and is packaged in an LGA package that provides a built in aperture to control the light entering the sensor array.
Control and spectral data access is implemented through an I²C register set.
Not Recommended for New Designs
ams-OSRAM AG does not recommend using this product for new designs. Please see AS7261 for possible replacement or contact your local sales representative for further information.
- Color measurement and absorbance
- Color matching and identification
- Precision color tuning/calibration
|Product Change Notification||CN25-2019 (Customer Information AS72xx)||English|
|Block Diagram||AS7261N Block Diagram||English|
AS7261 Spectral Sensing Engine
Control and spectral data access is implemented either through either the I²C virtual register set, or via the serial UART enabling use of the high level smart spectral command set.