Functional Safety Engineer for Automotive IC Product Development (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
- Efficient functional safety management for automotive customer projects and development processes
- Planning, coordination and tracking of all activities related to functional safety according ISO 26262 in all relevant phases of the project needed to create the safety case (e.g. FTA, FMEDA, DFA, SCA, FMEA)
- Driving the activities to create project specific functional safety requirements
- The development and assessment of safety concepts together with chip architects
- Performing and coordinating confirmation and safety-relevant reviews
- Team up with safety assessor in planning and conducting the safety assessment
- Developing and improving the Functional Safety development process together with other groups for ISO26262
- Discuss functional safety related topics with the customer
- Guiding junior safety team members and coaching R&D teams in functional safety best-practices
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Several years of work experience in the field of functional safety and their related standards as well as in the field of semiconductor development
- Good understanding and hand’s on experience with safety engineering methods like fault simulation, FIT rate calculation, FTA and FMEDA
- Proven background in preparation of safety documentation and customer interaction
- Good background in supporting processes like requirements engineering, configuration and change management or design/verification needs
- Proven expertise in automotive ecosystem and standards like TS16949 or ISO 26262
- Willing to take initiative and highly self-motivated
- Practical-minded team player with hands-on approach and a high level of intercultural, soft- and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.