Staff Engineer Software (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
- Contribute to all phases of software development, from requirements gathering through implementation, automation and sustaining.
- Listening to internal users, team members, and customers to help encourage open collaboration.
- Contribute to the development of project goals, schedules, and resource planning.
- Submitting and commenting on pull requests.
- Writing software tests.
- Represent ams to customers and the rest of the industry in the development and delivery of innovative solutions.
- Required Experience and Skills:
- Empathy, teamwork and strong communication skills are essential.
- Self-driven, innovative and goal-oriented work style.
- Background in software design, implementation, testing and debugging.
- Experience with a native compiled language: C, C++, Rust, Haskell, or Go.
- Experience with a scripting language: Python, Ruby, or Perl.
- Experience with a JVM language: Java, Kotlin, Scala, or Clojure
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Experience with a software test framework: Google Test, or xUnit.
- MSEE/CS with 3+ years of experience in a software development position
- Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience in two or more of the following topics: driver development, system programming, development under Unix/Linux, development under Windows, microcontroller systems, embedded systems, real-time operating systems, application development, cross platform GUI development (e.g. Qt), sensor systems, image processing.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with Git.
- Agile software development experience.