Senior Staff Software Engineer, ARM M0 Firmware (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
- Responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of software/firmware in embedded systems including interfaces for communicating with hardware
- Be responsible for the software solution definition, architecture and design decisions.
- Develop code according to our standards and integrate with existing solutions.
- Be the source for customer facing technical documentation content.
- Act as subject matter expert for engineering level customer support: analyze customer reports and come up with solutions.
- Develop tests used by the Production department to ensure our devices are ready to be shipped to customers including supporting documentation.
- HW/SW co-design
- Provide support for hardware department with SW for low-level chip analysis.
- Provide accurate time estimates for firmware design and development efforts on new projects.
- Back-up for GUI development
- Act as technical support at product launches
- Up to 15% international travel (only once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted and in accordance with personal risk assessment.)
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in professional software or firmware development for embedded systems
- Hands on experience with ARM Cortex M0/M0+. Specific development knowledge with blocking/non-blocking execution, interrupt latency, interrupt priority, asynchronous execution flow, etc.
- Experienced in low level programming languages like C and ASM
- Advanced knowledge of firmware design and development in embedded systems
- Experienced in real-time programming ( with or without OS)
- Experienced in using I2C, SPI, Uart for communication with ICs
- Know-how about tools like: compiler, linker, archiver, debugger
- Knowledge of scripting language Perl, python or similar
- Basic know-how of GIT, SVN, systems in Verilog and simulation environment
- Know-how of production test for semiconductor devices and micro-controllers
- Basic GUI knowledge
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group F (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.