Staff Engineer, Product Quality (Optics)
- Regular Fulltime
- Ownership PQE strategy and PQE execution for the project/initiative.
- Key go-to person (contact window) in the Division for any PQE related issues for other Quality support functions (Quality Operations, Supplier Quality, Failure Analysis, Reliability, Corporate Quality)
- Controlling and reporting of all PQE project topics (Product Quality Engineering and product qualification compliance within business processes, internal & external audit preparation & management, continuous improvement)
- Ensures execution of Product Quality Engineering support/resources in all the defined projects within the Division according milestone goals
- Drives Failure Analysis and Reliability asset/resource commitment from Corporate Quality (within regional ams), including outsourced model
- Drive reduction of rework/rescreen improvements through KPIs and goal alignment/handshake with Operations
- Risk mitigation planning impacting Quality
- Key knowledge in technological verticals within the OSS technology pillars (EPI, VCSEL, Optics, Modules and Systems)
- Contribute and act as team player within the cross functional project team, as assigned
- Responsible for the PQE strategy and qualification timeline. That includes the strategy for the Quality Management System and FA&REL together with Corporate Quality
- Supports CQE (Customer Quality Engineering) in customer audit during product development
- Drives Quality mindset across the organization and has the authority to stop production, if necessary to correct quality problems and the authority for product recalls to protect the Business Unit
- Compliance to engineering flows during product development
- At least a Master’s in Material Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Electronics or equivalent related discipline
- Strong experience in semiconductor industry in the field of Quality / Reliability Engineering, able to challenge concepts/report
- Knowledge in GaAs VCSEL, Epitaxial (EPI), Optics (Micro Lens Arrays), Module and Systems Packaging are key required skills. Exposure of silicon photonics, micro-lens technologies, iToF, dToF (Direct/Indirect Time of Flight) would be an added advantage.
- For automotive: Several years experience in automotive Quality Engineering, incl. APQP, FMEA, PPAP, Safelaunch etc. including IATF 16949. Knowledge in Functional Safety ISO26262
- Electrical Failure Analysis tools such a nano-probing, Obirch, Emmission microscope etc.
- Physical Failure Analysis tools such as, Ion million, CSAM, FIB, TEM, Sem-EDX, AFM, XPS etc.
- Proficient in defining business process and in change management
- Excellent communication skills (motivating teams, presenting to customers and internal management/stakeholders)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills (like data analysis and interpretation, 8D process)
- High level of self-organization, shows process-oriented way of working, has strong planning- and task management skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills (self-driven, proactive, taking initiative, team player, ensures accountability)
- Capable of leading interdisciplinary Task Force to solve complex problems
- Strong Fluent English (spoken and written), additional languages are beneficial
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, stays cool and works efficiently under pressure
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) and to work in international teams