Open Position Banner
Analog Design Engineer - PhD Intern
Research & Development
- Master/Bachelor (student) Thesis
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Ideal candidate would have strong interest in learning real world ASIC circuit design as related to RF analog.
- Job opportunity would position candidate within a well-established ultra-high performance analog design team whose focus is creating state of the art, next generation consumer-related optical solutions.
- Candidate would work at the transistor level evaluating existing solutions, as well as creating new innovative solutions using latest Computer Aided Design simulation and optimization tools offered by Cadence Design Systems, as well as using an extensive inventory of internal proprietary tools.
- Circuit design tasks involve schematic entry and schematic capture with schematic netlist-based SPICE simulations as well as custom physical layout optimization activities.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to create and run simulation test benches to investigate and optimize analog circuit solution’s performance sensitivities to high frequency electrical and magnetic fields using 3D electromagnetic finite element method solver tools such as HFSS.
- Join us here at ams to put your academic learnings to work and build the future with us!
Your education and experiences
- Working towards a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- College Courses: - Advanced Electromagnetics - Advanced level RF analog circuit design - Semiconductor design/device physics - Calculus – based physics (Qty=2) - Advanced Calculus
- Understanding of CMOS technology
- Understanding of S parameters, Smith charts and ability to perform impedance matching
- Understanding of the operation of network/vector and spectrum analyzers
- Familiarity with properties and limitations of PCB chip components
- Computer Skills: - Linux, Power Point, Excel, Word, Cadence Virtuoso/Spectre, ADS, HFSS
Set up Job Alert