Patent Attorney in IP Portfolio Development (m/f/d)
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to invention capturing in close cooperation with Research & Development, and to review and decision-making of submitted invention disclosures (to seek patent protection or not) via patent boards installed and driven by the IPPD team.
- Handle and decide on patent applications, including drafting, filing and prosecuting thereof, in-house or in cooperation with outside counsel as applicable.
- Provide advice on validity, relevance and scope of company’s and third party patents.
- Conduct IP risk assessments in company’s new product and technology development.
- Carry out specific inventor remuneration activities (e.g. for DE, AT) as and when necessary.
- Conduct or coordinate with outside counsel on opposition and appeal proceedings before relevant patent offices (e.g. the EPO).
- Support in devising and implementation of IP strategies and consultation and training on IP matters vis-a-vis R&D teams and businesses.
- Provide patent related support to inbound and outbound claims & litigations, licensing, sales/transfer, and M&A activities as and when necessary.
Your education and experiences
- Education to MSc or PhD level in physics or electrical engineering, preferably with focus on semiconductor physics.
- Qualification as European Patent Attorney with 5+ years of solid post-qualification experience within industry. Additional patent attorney experience within private practice and/or qualification as German or Austrian Patent Attorney would be a plus.
- Good business acumen and understanding of value chains and the value-add potential of patents, with a pragmatic and preferably strategic mindset.
- Fast learner, critical thinker, and creative problem solver who can navigate interconnected technical, legal, and business-related subject matter.
- Ability to see the big picture whilst working with the necessary detail.
- Approachable, “team-player” attitude and confidence in communication with R&D colleagues and others across the business and externally.
- Strong degree of agility and adaptability, and being comfortable with working in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-tasked, hands-on, and results-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English. Additional fluency in German would be a plus.
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits
based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.