Open Position Banner
Staff Engineer Packaging & Module Engineering
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and drive products life cycle from new product concept to mass production
- Responsible for product documentation, BOM, product specs, process control plan, defect catalogue, etc.
- Manage build plan and coordinate product prototype builds for execution, includes DOE planning and execution.
- Prepare and manage build material for build execution
- Manage and coordinate prototype build/ new materials characterization, includes optical, electrical and mechanical assessment.
- Involvement in product/module acceptance testing and methodology setup, review and analyze result/performance.
- Customer interfacing for technical discussions. This includes consolidating information from internal teams and preparing presentation documents for customer review and discussion.
- Responsible for product performance analysis (JMP, Minitab, Failure analysis methodology, etc)
- Drive teams to resolve any prototype build hiccups through complex root-cause analysis to identify possible root causes and corresponding corrective actions/ solutions
- Lead teams to resolution of reliability challenges through complex root cause and failure analysis activities. This includes optical, mechanical, electrical on either component or module levels
- Track major issue lists and drive for issues closure.
- Liaise with NPI/manufacturing to ramp product into volume production at acceptable yield levels
Your education and experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Microelectronics, Materials, Optics, Engineering, or related fields
- 2-4 years Professional experience in sensor module packaging and/or optical engineering is a benefit but not a requirement
- Good understanding of DFM, statistical analysis, process control, design of experiments and engineering developmental methodology. Knowledge of optical science and its metrology is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of Python, VB and Microsoft Macro Scripting, Optical Sensor Functionality & Characterization, Electrical and electronics & ASIC Functionality will be a plus
- Good problem solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
Set up Job Alert