Open Position Banner
System Engineer (m/w/d))
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for product definition, requirements identification, architectural choices, related to optical sensors in consumer applications. Lead definition and development of product specifications.
- Feasibility of new products in innovative application spaces, drive implementation Proof of Concept and customer demo.
- Definition of Technology and Device Roadmaps.
- Provide ongoing support for internal performance evaluation of the sensors products and external evaluations and demonstrations, aligned to company plans. Manage development and validation process through product release.
- Oversee characterization of product to specification, ensuring compliance.
- Define and deliver comprehensive competitive analysis with electrical and physical teardowns.
- Coordinate and interface with other cross-functional teams, i.e. system architects, product management, IC design, packaging, applications engineering, test development, project management, field applications, etc. to develop complex, integrated system level solutions.
- Travel globally to meet and work with regional offices, customers and partners.
- Technical Interface to customers on system level and device level.
Your education and experiences
- >5 yrs background in semiconductor industry, with focus on optical sensors applications.
- Experience in camera imaging and/or optical or time-of-flight sensors based reference designs and complex system platform development for consumer applications with mass market deployment track records required.
- Familiar with technical aspects associated to optical emitters (e.g. LED, VCSEL, EEL) and receivers (photodiodes), basic Analog Front End architectures and operation.
- Application view, system knowledge of optical sensors, preferably for consumer applications like smartphones, wearables, tablets, etc.
- Proven technical problem solving and analytics skills at system board level, spanning across software and hardware.
- Strong analytical and technical background on mixed-signal solutions, understanding of circuits and systems. Modelling skills of complex optical systems: noise analysis, architectural implementations, application-related inputs and outputs.
- Familiarity with standard and optical lab equipment, validation and test methodology, data analysis. Hands-on attitude for solving problems.
- Commercially minded, excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- Outstanding leadership, presentation skills and written/verbal communication.
- Customer oriented personality, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Readiness to travel.
- Proficient in English.
Set up Job Alert