Open Position Banner
Senior Staff Engineer, Optical Designer - System Engineering (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Within the design and development of spectral sensor solutions:
- Design system-level optical simulation models. Perform extensive optical and light behavior analysis. Interpret and report on results including recommendations on optimization
- Defining and implementing optical systems with internal and external partners
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements
- Generating product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports
- Planning and supervision of laboratory measurements for sensor characterization
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules
- Work well with diverse geographical team
Your education and experiences
- Masters or PhD in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering or related field of study
- Experience in optical design of imaging systems.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience preferred. Experience with microoptics (MLA) and consumer electronic systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies and materials also an advantage
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, to participate in a cross functional development team
- Willingness to travel worldwide
- Fluent in English
- Main tools: Zemax & LightTools
- Data processing and statistical analysis, e.g. Matlab or Python.
- Preferred experience of mechanical construction of semiconductor packages
- Experience in biomedical imaging highly welcome.
Set up Job Alert