Open Position Banner
Senior Staff Optical Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- With this opening, we are looking for an experienced optics or laser scientist with significant background and experience in electromagnetics modelling of photonics devices, as well as fabrication processes for making nanostructured optical devices.
- The new team member will participate in experimental and theoretical work on novel photonics devices, interfacing with other engineering areas such as mechanical teams and manufacturing partners as well as customers in the development of exciting new leading edge technology.
- Build electromagnetic/wave-based model for analyzing integrated VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) + WLO (wafer level optics).
- Write custom code for numerical electromagnetics solvers such as the finite-element-method (FEM) and the finite-difference-time-domain-method (FDTD).
Your education and experiences
- Advanced science or engineering degree in physics, optical, material or mechanical engineering is required.
- A post MS or post PhD experience of at least 5 years would be expected for this position.
- A qualified candidate for this position is also expected to have good knowledge and hands-on experience with various laser and optical characterization techniques.
- Candidate should have strong background in numerical methods and programming, and experience with general electromagnetics solvers such as the finite-element-method (FEM) or the finite-difference-time-domain-method (FDTD).
- Experience in the design and fabrication of functional photonic devices by using metamaterial is desirable.
- Experience with complex optical subsystems design and/or physics of semicondutors would be a plus.
- Strong analytical ability, experimental and theoretical background, excellent communication skills as well as ability to be focused in high pressure environment and deliver consistent results are the key characteristics for a candidate.
Set up Job Alert