Open Position Banner
Principal VCSEL Design Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop testing and characterization solutions for high-power laser devices in R&D and manufacturing, including test and measurement equipment and components sourcing, hardware integration and automation.
- Perform testing and characterization of high-power semiconductor lasers
- In cooperation with mechanical engineers design and procure test fixtures
- Develop test procedures and specifications, understand capabilities and limitations of testing equipment, be familiar with GR&R and calibration methods
- Develop test documentation, train and supervise operators
- Analyze test data and characterization results
- Prepare and present test summaries and characterization reports
Your education and experiences
- • PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field.
- • Experience in testing and characterization of electronic components, preferably semiconductor lasers
- • Good understanding of semiconductor laser diode physics and main laser laser diode characteristics (electrical, optical, spectral, thermal etc)
- • Good programing skills and test automation experience with Matlab, Phyton, C+ or similar.
- • Good presentation and communication skills
- • Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, especial
- ams OSRAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Set up Job Alert