Master program at the Institute of Electronics at the TU Graz in cooperation with ams OSRAM (m/f/d)
- Master/Bachelor (student) Thesis
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Abstract Every electronic device unavoidably emits electromagnetic radiation, because any electronic current acts as its source. Many such building blocks are integrated in a typical application and, therefore, electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding is frequently used to make them compatible. As shown in previous work at ams conductive coatings on the surfaces within electronic packages can effectively reduce the emitted power for time a flight integrated systems.
- However the shielding efficiency is varies significantly with frequency, location or orientation of the emission. In order to understand this dependencies, emission surface scans on the IC and the package should be carried out. To better localize emission sources, certain blocks on the IC can be selectively activated. The results should contribute to a better system design for EMC.
- Independent literature research
- Sample preparation, internally and with external partners
- Planning of activities and experiments
- Sample characterization in labs at ams and TUG
- Interpretation and compilation of measurement results
- Representation of ams Osram at international scientific conferences
- Writing of Master thesis
- Presentation of results
Your education and experiences
- Completed Bachelor’s degree
- Enrolled for Master studies Electronics or equivalent
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is a benefit
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits
based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group E (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.