Principal Engineer Analog Design (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Specification, design and development of integrated circuits from initial concept through prototype approval and production ramp up in the area of direct Time-of-Flight "DTOF" highly integrated sensors
- Prepare lab-evaluation as part of the project flow leadership and cooperation with marketing, process, test, layout and product engineering colleagues, Technical communication with customer
- Design considerations including considerations for yield, manufacturability and design for test
- Definition of production test requirements and simulation and verification of integrated circuits with focus on mixed-signal design
- Generate relevant documentation Creation and aim for patents of new IPs
- Leadership for Design and development of ultra-high performance analog solutions, starting from initial concept until production ramp. Focus on: design for manufacturability, yield improvement, design for test and reliability
- Performs and supervises detailed design, simulation, verification and validation of integrated circuits
- Directs and supervises block level and top-level layout actives
- Expert level knowledge in system and application level concerns, including: packaging, parasitics, power, die size, cost, etc.
- “Power User” level knowledge of SPICE/Spectre testbench creation and simulations, including: PVT, Monte Carlo, mixed signal, modelling, optimization, etc.
- Provides positive internal team leadership and communication, coordination of design requirements and tradeoffs, preparation for weekly meetings (internal and customer)
- Expert level communication with customer (and/or marketing), including: presentation in design reviews, representing the analog design team on regular conference calls
- Highly creative problem solver, able to generate innovative, new next generation IP and file patents
- Generation of detailed relevant documentation including: architectural/concept reviews, design gate reviews, internal design documents, test requirements, etc.
- Calm professional demeanor and excellent listening skills
- Ability to mentor Junior-, Staff- and Senior Staff Engineers
Your education and experiences
- Master Degree in Electronical Engineering
- Several years, eg. +8 years, experience in semiconductor industry
- Affinity with sensors and lasers
- Experience with technical leadership in mixed signal IC Design, block level specifications, simulation, modelling, optimizing layout for performance, etc.
- Expert Level experience in standard analog building blocks, including Bandgap references, current references, OPAMP, LDO, charge pumps, etc. Experience in low power/low noise design methodologies.
- Experience with relevant CAD tools (including Cadence Virtuoso, SPICE, etc.)
- Experience in training juniors and handling internships, Master and PhD Students
- Fluency in English: written and verbal
- Initiative, enthusiasm, systematic and analytic approach
- Ability to work in a dynamic & fast-paced environment and take responsibilities pro-actively
- Self-motivated and ability to handle project independently
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits
based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.