Open Position Banner
null Graduate Engineer, Pixel Characterization - United States
Graduate Engineer, Pixel Characterization
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- ams is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to expand our dynamic workforce. Business is good - revenue is up, expansion is in the air, and the sky is the limit. Come be a part of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click away.
- ams sensor solutions take sensing to the next level by providing a seamless interface between humans and technology. We enable our customers to create highly differentiated products that are smarter, safer, easier to use and more eco-friendly. We develop high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between humans and technology.
- about ams Image Sensor Solutions Shaping the world with sensor solutions. Leading manufacturers around the globe rely on ams’ sensing know- how for advanced systems design.
- For ams, “Sensing is Life” and our passion is in creating the sensor solutions that make devices smarter, safer, convenient and more environment-friendly. ams’ sensor solutions are at the heart of the products and technologies that define our world today – from smartphones and mobile devices to smart homes and buildings, industrial automation, medical technology, and connected vehicles. Our products drive applications requiring small form factor, low power, highest sensitivity and multi-sensor integration.
- The division growth plan is setup around consumer, automotive & medical imaging as well as full service foundry. The Division team is a global with main locations in Graz (Austria), Antwerp (Belgium), Pavia (Italy), Valencia (Spain), Rochester (USA), Boise (USA) and Funchal (Portugal) and has 400+ team members.
- Our around 30,000 employees worldwide focus on innovation across sensing, illumination and visualization to make journeys safer, medical diagnosis more accurate and daily moments in communication a richer experience. Our work creates technology for breakthrough applications, which is reflected in over 15,000 patents granted and applied. Headquartered in Premstaetten/Graz (Austria) with a co-headquarter in Munich (Germany), the group achieved well over USD 5 billion combined revenues in 2020.
- Join our multi-disciplinary team at our new Boise site, where your contribution will play a key role in further strengthening our product portfolio and supporting our growth strategy within key market segments for CMOS Image Sensing Solutions.
- • Responsible for the optoelectronic characterization and analytic studies of CMOS image sensor’s fundamental performance issues and provide technical suggestions of improvement to process, timing, voltage, and architectures. • Work with analog/digital design team to troubleshoot chip/system level performance issues • Process and analyze R&D test data to obtain knowledge of product development. • Develop scientific approaches for characterizing image sensor/camera system’s performances.
- • Conduct modeling and simulation of imaging systems.
Your education and experiences
- • BSEE or higher with emphasis on Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Device Physic or related field. • Experience in Semiconductors. • Experiencing with development of Image Sensor pixels (rolling and global shutter). • Skilled with optoelectronic characterization of image sensors including the measurements of PTC curves, dark current, array shading measurements, angular, and quantum efficiency and flourishes in a laboratory environment.
- • Comfortable with hitting timelines and handling multiple priorities simultaneously. • Solid knowledge of semiconductor device physics. • Understanding of Analog and Digital Circuits and corresponding blocks. • High level of self-motivation and innovation. • Good problem-solving skills.
- ams Sensors USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Set up Job Alert