PhD IR Technology (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- PhD student
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Development/optimization of an infrared detector based on GaAs or GaSb in the framework of a PhD thesis.
- Growth of epitaxial layers and processing of wafers in University facilities and ams fabrication site.
- Keeping contact between University work group and ams development team
- Metrology, characterization of the processed material (crystal defects, geometric parameters, etc) and evaluation of the final device
- Supported by the University of Lancaster (for this reason most of the time is spent in Lancaster)
Your education and experiences
- Master degree in physics, material science, chemistry or similar
- All necessary requirements for starting a PhD study
- Experience in the field of epitaxial growth (MBE or MOCVD)
- Good english skills - spoken and written; good reporting style
- Good team player
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits
based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group G (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.