Senior Manager, Validation and Characterization
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Join our multi-disciplinary team at our new Rochester site, where your contribution will play a key role in further strengthening our product portfolio and supporting our growth strategy within key market segments for CMOS Image Sensing Solutions.
- • Lead and develop a team of Characterization, Validation, Product, and Quality Engineers, including task assignment, Performance reviews, and hiring. • Coordinate local team and equivalent managers at other design centers to standardize and maintain consistent hardware, software, and procedures. • Maintain budgets and drive CapEX requests and tracking
- • Drive Continuous improvement in test time, issue resolution, equipment costs, test coverage, escaping defects • Second line of support for critical customers, RAM’s, Customer Questions, product issues that require a deep dive • Develop new characterization test tools and methods • Provide comprehensive and documented technical reports on all aspects of sensor performance
- • Work with Validation and Product Engineering to ensure product meets customer requirements • Support the Commercialization Team to deliver all device characterization needs within schedule • Communicate with colleagues and managers on regular basis regarding characterization methodology/status. Flag issues and request support as needed
- • Lead local product qualification/reliability testing (in-house and external test houses resources), work with the larger quality team on standards and issue resolution.
Your education and experiences
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in EE, ECE, Micro Electronics, Physics or related field.
- • Knowledge of CMOS image sensors, semiconductor device physics and processing, and sensor characterization • Experience in supporting new test development projects • Strong problem solving skills, innovative and can-do mind-set; passion for new challenges
- • Ability to work in teams (local, national, and international) • Excellent communication skills, and problem resolution skills • 10+ years of experience as a technical team manager in test or characterization or production • 15+ years of experience in test, char, or production of sensors (MEMS or imager) or equivalent
- ams Sensors USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.