Senior/Manager, Finance (APAC)
Finance & Controlling
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The Senior Finance Manager will Lead the GL Finance Shared Services Centre Singapore, Asia based in Singapore. S/he should be a self-starter and technical strong in accounting in Share Services Center environment. S/he is required to serve as the primary liaison between the financial accounting and operations accounting teams in Asia and the HQ in Europe.
- This role requires excellent business collaborating skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional looking for a highly visible role interacting with senior executives to drive corporate financial initiatives in preparation for future career advancement.
- S/he will assist the Head of Finance SSC Asia with the implementation of both best practices accounting process and maintenance of the Ops Excellence in the region.
- Perform month end closing activities
- Monthly review and analysis of entities financials of the Asia region
- Ensure compliance with Group accounting policies (IFRS), and statutory requirements.
- Collaborate with teams in the Finance Organizations to ensure alignment on the following items:
- Standardization of SSC reporting and schedules
- Continuous review and implementation of accounting and financial procedures, policies and processes in accordance to best practices
- Ensure the delivery of quality and timely financial data in support of these processes
- Build and maintain strong relationships within each organization
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within these processes
- Support the teams on systems, processes and policies
- Facilitator for statutory audits
- Participate in M&A and ERP projects, performing due diligence audit, internal process reviews
- Assist with ad-hoc assignments as directed by HOD.
Your education and experiences
- Degree in Accounting from an Internationally Recognized University or ACCA with a CPA Qualification
- At least 8 years relevant finance experience including relevant audit practice with the Big 4 public accounting firms
- Qualified CA/CPA with Accounting Degree or ACCA with 12 years of relevant regional work experience in supervisory position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Proven track record in working effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- 10 to 12 years of relevant working experience from large MNC
- Candidates with reputable audit experience (at least 3 to 4 years)
- Candidates with Shared Services Centre experience will be considered favorably
- Candidate with manufacturing background will be considered favorably
- Candidates with managerial experience is required
- Good working knowledge and technically competent in IFRS and SFRS
- Hands-on preparation of full sets of accounts with SAP experience is a must
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Internal Controls Systems (ICS)
- Proficient in MS Excel (VLook Up, Pivot table, VBA)
- An independent, self-starter, fast learner, detail oriented team player who thrives in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
- Travel 20%