Senior Staff, Pixel Design Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Join our multi-disciplinary team at our new Rochester site, where your contribution will play a key role in further strengthening our product portfolio and supporting our growth strategy within key market segments for CMOS Image Sensing Solutions.
- As senior staff engineer, Pixel design you will: Take the lead and leverage your strong TCAD/opto-electrical simulation background and/or circuit design experience to lead the development of CIS pixels for a variety of applications such as 3D sensing, industrial vision, miniaturized cameras and more exciting fields.
- You will also: Come up with innovative pixel concepts to meet challenges of ever demanding projects. Patent new IP.
- Conduct TCAD calibration and silicon verification flows, Pixel layout optimization and condition tuning, plus Pixel design and circuit simulations.
- Drive discussions with Foundries to define best process flow, optimize performance, define DOEs and improve yield.
- Work hand-in-hand with analog designers to optimize pixel performance in a full array, and run pixel matrix electrical simulations.
- Characterize pixels in the laboratory, overcome tradeoffs between pixel performance to achieve best in class products.
- Be part of a top-notch engaged, innovative and committed team, and benefit from working with international colleagues.
Your education and experiences
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in EE, CE, ECE, Physics, Materials Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in CIS pixel design and CMOS CIS processing.
- Your experience includes:
- Leading new pixel development projects and discussions with Foundries. Experience with TCAD simulations and opto-electrical simulations. And experience with analog circuit simulations and CIS pixel measurements is a plus.
- Furthermore you have Strong problem solving skills an innovative mind-set and a passion for new challenges.
- The ability to work in teams, excellent communication skills and you take ownership to 'make it happen’ and get great results.
- Ams Sensors USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.