Senior Staff, Packaging Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Join our multi-disciplinary team at our new Rochester site, where your contribution will play a key role in further strengthening our product portfolio and supporting our growth strategy within key market segments for CMOS Image Sensing Solutions.
- In the senior staff, Packaging engineer role you will be: Working in a multidisciplinary team being responsible for the packaging design for the image sensors and camera.
- Act as technical project manager on the assigned development projects
- Contribute to refining image sensor packaging technologies
- Be responsible of the product technical documentation
- Present findings to the project team, company or customer
- Follow the product prototyping phase remotely or on site
- Sharing the responsibility in the Product Design team with the members
- Provide ongoing support to other members of the AMS design team locally and abroad
- Contributing to the ongoing creation of a positive, productive work environment
Your education and experiences
- Minimum Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, material engineering, electro-mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling (Solid Works, Creo and AutoCAD preferred), prototyping and development
- Experience in image sensor component package design is a must.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and thermal behavior of plastic materials
- Good knowledge of various molding techniques
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis and logic/reasoning skills.
- Able to manage own schedule and technical work product
- Have a very good level in English communication (spoken and written).
- Travel internationally approximately 20% of the time
- ams Sensors USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.