Director of Applications and SW Engineering
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- ams is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to expand our dynamic workforce. Business is good - revenue is up, expansion is in the air, and the sky is the limit. Come be a part of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click away.
- ams sensor solutions take sensing to the next level by providing a seamless interface between humans and technology. We enable our customers to create highly differentiated products that are smarter, safer, easier to use and more eco-friendly. We develop high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between humans and technology.
- Key Responsibilities: Manager of managers, as Applications Director, responsible for 4 primary areas: Traditional semiconductor applications engineering, including customer and design-in support, software engineering, opto-mechanical package design for optical sensors and, optical laboratories for the business line.
- Sets department working culture and ensures alignment with business strategies. Keeps resources aligned and projects on track by consulting with key managers. Interfaces cross-organizationally on all topics. Responsible for the interrelated purpose of supporting corporate goals and objectives to help management set priorities.
- Conduct periodic reviews of major programs with management to assure continued relevance of program objectives. Support overall company strategy, goals and objectives as related to team activates. Maintain good financial oversight of all activities associated with team activities
- Make recommendations to management regarding operational efficiency improvements as needed. Up to 20% domestic or international travel
Your education and experiences
- Qualifications: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or related technical/scientific discipline. 10+ years’ professional, hands-on engineering experience as part of a development team. 8+ years’ professional experience leading a large, 50+ person, multi-disciplined technical team
- 5+ years’ professional experience leading a customer-facing technical organization. Full product development and/or system engineering experience. Demonstrated C-level and VP-level facing success. Experience in fast-paced consumer electronics industry a plus
- Strategic and tactical thinker who helps create business and product plans then enacts execution plans to implement those strategies. Semiconductor industry experience preferred. Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Quick problem assessment and decision making skills. Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions. Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery. Ability to build lasting, influential relationships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results. Ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive. Broad, combined engineering science knowledge and experience such as in PCB circuit design, software engineering and mechanical engineering. High aptitude and drive for learning new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing employees through coaching and mentoring. Demonstrated experience with employee performance evaluation and goal definition. Demonstrated experience with creating and supporting new processes, methods and behaviors. Strong preference for experience with optical sensing devices and/or systems or knowledge of light science/photonics.
- Strong preference for Mandarin speaking candidates
- To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition. ams is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.