Software Engineering Manager
Research & Development
- Regular Parttime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- We shape sensing solutions for imaging megatrends. We are open, exciting, market-focused with a ‘we get it done’ mentality. We profitably beat the competition in fast-growing, imaging markets. We make image sensing an enjoyable and safe experience. The Imaging Sensor Solution division focuses on the megatrends 3D imaging, human machine interaction, automation, industry 4.0 and medical & health.
- The division growth plan is setup around consumer, automotive & medical imaging as well as full service foundry. The Division team is a global with main locations in Graz (Austria), Antwerp (Belgium), Pavia (Italy), Valencia (Spain), Tokyo (Japan) and Funchal (Portugal) and has 350+ team members.
- Direct and oversee the software engineering function, which is developing, releasing, and maintaining software for systems according to business needs.
- Build-up the Software Development Team and the software competences in the Division.
- Establish policies and procedures that produce high-quality software product and service.
- Develop software for reference designs/demo kits either in-house or with partners.
- Define the Division Software Roadmap and the Software Strategy in alignment with Marketing and the Hardware Roadmap.
- Execute on the Image Sensor Solutions (ISS) Software Roadmap implementation with the ISS software team, CRD software team and partners.
- Works closely with Head of Corporate Software and other Divisions to maximize synergies, strategically select software partners and align ams software development methodology, test and validation.
- Report to the ISS Division Head of Engineering.
Your education and experiences
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, computer science or related field
- Approx 10 years of relevant Software Development experience to include Team Lead of (8-10 FTEs).
- Extensive knowledge of embedded systems and software ideally within automotive, computing and machine vision and camera systems. Plus software development process and best practices.
- You are a self-starter, and self-sufficient in problem solving and accomplishing tasks
- Experience with the following is beneficial: ARM based processors, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Testing and characterization in an electronics lab and an advantage with testing and characterization experience in an optical/vision/camera lab.