Senior Pixel Design Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- about ams Image Sensor Solutions
- We shape sensing solutions for imaging megatrends. We are open, exciting, market-focused with a ‘we get it done’ mentality. We profitably beat the competition in fast-growing, imaging markets. We make image sensing an enjoyable and safe experience. The Imaging Sensor Solution division focuses on the megatrends 3D imaging, human machine interaction, automation, industry 4.0 and medical & health.
- The division growth plan is setup around consumer, automotive & medical imaging as well as full service foundry. The Division team is a global with main locations in Graz (Austria), Antwerp (Belgium), Pavia (Italy), Valencia (Spain) and Funchal (Portugal) and has 350+ team members.
- ams by numbers: 9,000 employees worldwide; serving more than 8,000 customers; 17 design centers across Europe, Asia and the US; >14 sales offices; 25+ sales channel partners; 3 focus areas: optical, imaging, audio.
- YOUR ROLE
- Take the lead and leverage your strong TCAD/opto-electrical simulation background and/or circuit design experience to lead the development of CIS pixels for a variety of applications such as 3D sensing, industrial vision, miniaturized cameras and more exciting fields
- Come up with innovative pixel concepts to meet challenges of ever demanding projects. Patent new IP.
- Conduct: TCAD calibration and silicon verification flows, Pixel layout optimization and condition tuning, plus Pixel design and circuit simulations
- Drive discussions with Foundries to define best process flow, optimize performance, define DOEs and improve yield
- Work hand-in-hand with analog designers to optimize pixel performance in a full array, and run pixel matrix electrical simulations
- Characterize pixels in the laboratory, overcome tradeoffs between pixel performance to achieve best in class products
- Be part of a top-notch engaged, innovative and committed team, and benefit from working with international colleagues
Your education and experiences
- Master / PhD in Electronics or Device Physics.
- 5-10 years of experience in CIS pixel design and CMOS CIS processing.
- Your experience includes:
- Leading new pixel development projects and discussions with Foundries. Experience with TCAD simulations and opto-electrical simulations. And experience with analog circuit simulations and CIS pixel measurements is a plus.
- Furthermore you have Strong problem solving skills an innovative mind-set and a passion for new challenges.
- The ability to work in teams, excellent communication skills and you take ownership to 'make it happen’ and get great results.
- You are fluent in English.