Senior Director of R&D Engineering teams, Austria (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- This position will serve as Senior Director of R&D Engineering our Business Line. This role supports management responsibilities for a large cross-functional team of highly skilled technical contributors and managers. The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in engineering management and leadership.
- In this role you will interface with a team of highly talented Engineers to continue in the pursuit of technical excellence and market leadership in a fast paced Optical Sensor Semiconductor environment, delivering products to multiple Tier1 OEMs in the Smartphone and consumer electronics space. A strong background in product development, engineering tools and processes, budget oversight, and functional management is a must – including skills associated with staffing and team development.
- Plan, manage, and direct the overall product development engineering activities of the department Coordinate the creation, development, design, and improvement of products in conformance with established processes and objectives. Develop and manage department budget.
- Work with Business Line leadership and program teams to plan resource needs and manage staffing to accommodate those needs. Monitor team activities to ensure compliance with development processes and quality standards.
- Provide mentoring and career counseling for engineering staff as required Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization Other duties as assigned
- Actively support pursuit of new business by developing and presenting new concepts, technologies or applications Develop trusted engineering contacts with the customer community
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, including generation of engineering RFIs (Response for Information) from various customers. Analyze designs as necessary to ensure compliance with performance, cost, schedule, and risk objectives.
- Open to travelling (roughly 25%)
Your education and experiences
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS • Education: Minimum of Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering; PhD a plus. • Experience: 10-15 years in Semiconductor ASICs design and Development with 10 years in demonstrated Senior R&D Engineering team leadership. Management experience of large diverse teams in multiple locations is required. • Experience in multi-locations (USA, Europe and Asia) and multi-cultural team management • Excellent written and oral communication skills
- REQUIRED SKILLS · Responsible for design and development of mixed signal IC Teams from initial concept until production ramp, including design for: manufacturability, yield, test, and reliability. · Supervises detailed design (analog and digital), simulation, layout, verification (digital and mixed signal) and validation of integrated circuits.
- Excellent knowledge of product development processes and engineering tools - emphasis in analog / mixed signal Integrated Circuit Design or a similar specialty. Expertise with SPICE simulations, including: PVT, Monte Carlo, mixed signal, modelling, optimization, etc. Experience designing for system / application level concerns, including: packaging, parasitics, power, die size, cost, etc.
- Detailed understanding of the Systems engineering discipline, including requirements development, product qualification, and test Experience leading multi-discipline technical teams to solve complex problems and achieve results Ensure adherence to ams’ engineering practices and challenge engineers on the implementation and design robustness
- Work with other internal organizations to ensure timely project execution and proper implementation (such as Operations, Test, Quality, Applications, etc.) Ability to solve complex problems Ability to meet aggressive timelines Demonstrated strong organizational skills Ability to decipher highly technical data and make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment Ability to analyze data in Mathcad, MATLAB, or similar tools Calm professional demeanour and excellent listening skills Proven ability to coach, mentor and build strong teams Experience with Optical Sensor products a Plus
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group H (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2019).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.