Principal Imaging Architect
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- We shape sensing solutions for imaging megatrends. We are open, exciting, market-focused with a ‘we get it done’ mentality. We profitably beat the competition in fast-growing, imaging markets. We make image sensing an enjoyable and safe experience. The Imaging Sensor Solution division focuses on the megatrends 3D imaging, human machine interaction, automation, industry 4.0 and medical & health.
- In this role you will work with the Camera Team to investigate the customer camera optics performance requirements with respect to feasibility, interfacing with other engineering areas such as imaging sensor development, pixel design, system simulations and manufacturing partners as well as customers in the development of exciting new leading edge camera.
- The division growth plan is setup around consumer, automotive & medical imaging as well as full service foundry. The Division team is a global with main locations in Graz (Austria), Antwerp (Belgium), Pavia (Italy), Valencia (Spain) and Funchal (Portugal) and has 350+ team members.
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements
- Optical modeling, and optical system performance simulation and verification
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules
- Work well with diverse geographical team
Your education and experiences
- With this opening, we are looking for an experienced optical scientist with significant background and experience in some of the following areas: micro-optics, metalens, holography, simulation using subwavelength elements such as gratings, optical design using design tools such as Zeemax, finite element analysis software etc.
- Masters Degree or post PhD experience of at least 10 years would be expected for this position. Relevant engineering degree in optics with 5+ years experience.
- You are able to work within a worldwide multidisciplinary development team to provide optical design solution to customer specifications
- Strong analytical ability, experimental and theoretical background, excellent communication skills as well as ability to be focused in high pressure environment and deliver consistent results are the key characteristics for a candidate.
- Strong design experience in designing imaging optics (camera lens, projection optics, etc) and at least one of the following fields: non-imaging (beam shaping, illumination, concentration, collection, sensing, micro-lenses) and wave-optics (diffractive optics, structured light, micro-lenses).
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies, materials, components, manufacturing processes, and constraints.
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement.
- Tools: Optical: Zemax, LightTools, other tools such as CODE V, TRACEPRO, FRED, and VirtualLab are a plus.
- Scientific: Matlab. Python is a plus.
- Data processing and statistical analysis: JMP, R, Matlab.