Staff Engineer, EHS
Operations & Manufacturing
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Assist to develop and execute company environmental health and safety (EHS) plans and policies, and coordinate programs that ensure safe working conditions.
- Assist to provide monthly EHS and Waste data tracking data to CORP and Customer
- Plan and Conduct trainings, toolbox meetings and awareness programs, informing employees of company EHS plans and promoting safe practices.
- Supervise employee activities and inspect company equipment and property to ensure compliance with EHS standards.
- Coordinate and work with process owners and stakeholders on Fire, EHS and related permits, licences and certificates application and maintenance.
- Develop, Train and Maintain the company ERT and Readiness.
- Coordinate, work with stakeholders and support the ISO 14001 & 18001/45001 certification and Customer CSR programs.
- Advise and inspect compliance on the company permit-to-work system and ancillary procedures.
- Handle accident reports including directing investigations, records filing and identify strategies for preventing future accidents to ensure effective closure.
- Maintain the company fire safety & emergency planning program including setting up response plan, testing readiness, ensure preparedness, facilitate awareness and ensuring compliance to the fire safety maintenance process.
- Received and work with stakeholders to close safety feedbacks in person or anonymously.
- Assume the duty of Secretary of the EHS Committee and implement best practices in facility so as to achieve a safer working environment.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the EHS Manager & Facilities Director.
Your education and experiences
- Diploma or higher in EHS or Engineering related field with at least 3 years of relevant experiences in EHS role.
- Relevant Safety & Health Certificates incl. Special Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health, optional SCDF Registered Fire Safety Manager and Work-At-Height certificate, etc. is added advantage.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably inclusive some exposure in a semi-conductor electronics environment) including experience in EHS participation at responsible level (e.g. member of EHS Committee and/or Risk Management Team).
- Knowledgeable in EHS programs incl. familiarity with risk management procedures, ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 with Internal E/OHS Auditor certificates is an advantage.
- Exposure to relevant EHS regulatory guidelines, liaison with law enforcement and emergency services.
- Possess planning, organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Conversant in both English and a 2nd Language, good interpersonal and communication skills and able to work independently as well as in a team environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds.