Open Position Banner
Staff Engineer, Sensor Packaging
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Develop sensor packages and/or systems for consumer or automotive applications as part of the product engineering team
- Responsible for the product development cycle and its activities, involved from design stage to the transfer to production at acceptable yield level within given timeline
- Coordinate package design (electrical, mechanical & optical design, simulations) and manufacturing (internal or at assembly partners)
- Specify, build and analyze engineering builds of new packages in terms of mechanical/ electrical/ optical functional and reliability performance
- Interface with all internal customers/teams & represent NPD (New Product Development) in multi-disciplinary / multi-site product development teams
- Continuously improve package technology to achieve time, quality and cost targets
- Lead and drive product development activities across different functions.
- Lead and participate in technical analysis, discussion and meetings.
- Conduct periodic meetings and discussion with the stakeholders to keep the project within the scope and account for the product development status.
- Build relationships with various stakeholders and provide necessary support to other functions.
- Drive and lead cross functional team to achieve product development milestones (e.g. daily meeting, discussions, etc…).
- Provide support to various functions to get the necessary information to support the Product Development process and requirement.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders to align on directions and understanding.
Your education and experiences
- University degree in Electronics/Electrical, Mechanical/Mechatronics, Materials Science, Optics, Engineering, or related fields
- Professional experience in sensor packaging and/or optical engineering is a benefit but not a requirement
- Good understanding of DFM, statistical analysis, process control, design of experiments and engineering developmental methodology. Knowledge of optical science and its metrology is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to execute developments within timeline
- Ability to cope with high workloads in critical project stages
- Ability to work in & collaborate with diverse teams in multiple geographical locations
- Willingness to travel within short notice