Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- ams is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to expand our dynamic workforce. Business is booming - revenue is up, expansion is in the air, and the sky is the limit. Come be a part of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click away.
- ams sensor solutions take sensing to the next level by providing a seamless interface between humans and technology. We enable our customers to create highly differentiated products that are smarter, safer, easier to use and more eco-friendly. We develop high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between humans and technology.
- AMS is a fast growth technology company with a strong customer base including Tier 1 players in consumer electronics and automotive industries across the globe. We are the world's leading technology company in the area of high power, high efficiency Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELs) which is becoming the dominant technology of diode lasers for a wide range of highest volume consumer electronics applications.
- Our multinational team consists of renowned experts in the field of diode lasers and related complex optical products. Our goal is to combine micro-optics to the laser systems at wafer level to develop advanced optical components and subsystems for high volume applications. Laser Characterization Engineer will be responsible for developing test and characterization platform and for hands-on electro-optical characterization of VCSELs, supporting R&D and production flow.
- • Develop Test and Characterization platform for VCSEL devices (on wafer and subassembly levels) including test equipment and components sourcing, hardware integration and automation • Perform hands-on electro-optical characterization of device performance and prepare characterization report. • Write and debug test programs for device characterization.
- • Calibrate and maintain characterization setup and test equipment • Interact with vendors and internal engineers to design and procure test equipment and test fixtures • Analyze test data, perform root cause analysis of device failures, and define solutions.
- • Recommend improvements to device structure based on characterization data. • Develop new techniques to streamline characterization process. • Identify and resolve device performance issues promptly. • Present test results in accurate and clear manner.
Your education and experiences
- Academic Qualification • Bachelor’s or higher (MS and PhD preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics or related field. • Academic courses on lasers, semiconductors, optics or optoelectronic devices
- • Minimum 5 years of Academic or Semiconductor Manufacturing experience • Experience in testing and characterization of electronic or optical components, preferably semiconductor lasers or LEDs • Experience with RF and Short Pulse (ns) signals
- • Good understanding of semiconductor laser diode physics and laser laser diode characteristics (electrical, optical, spectral, thermal etc.) • Experience with electro-optical test equipment, good knowledge of Optics and RF • Hands on experience with machine troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- • Strong in debugging hardware and software • Strong analytical skills • Good programing skills and test automation experience with Matlab, LabView, Python, C+ or similar.
- • Experience with JMP, Minitab or similar statistical software • Strong presentation and communication skills • Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially in MS Excel
- To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition. ams is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.