Research & Development
- PhD student
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- ams is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to expand our dynamic workforce. Business is booming - revenue is up, expansion is in the air, and the sky is the limit. Come be a part of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click away.
- ams sensor solutions take sensing to the next level by providing a seamless interface between humans and technology. We enable our customers to create highly differentiated products that are smarter, safer, easier to use and more eco-friendly. We develop high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between humans and technology.
- AMS is a fast growth technology company with a strong customer base including Tier 1 players in consumer electronics and automotive industries across the globe. We are the world's leading technology company in the area of high power, high efficiency Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELs) which is becoming the dominant technology of diode lasers for a wide range of highest volume consumer electronics applications.
- Our multinational team consists of renowned experts in the field of diode lasers and related complex optical products. Our goal is to combine micro-optics to the laser systems at wafer level to develop advanced optical components and subsystems for high volume applications.
- The individual should have a thorough knowledge and extensive experience in semiconductor laser physics and design. Some experience with epitaxial growth and processing, as well as mask layout is highly desirable. Strong analytical and communication skills are a must.
Your education and experiences
- We are seeking a highly qualified individual, with an M.S. or Ph.D. in physics, electrical engineering or material science who will participate in the development of ams next generation of high performance lasers
- If you are a self-motivated, high-energy professional looking for a fast-paced environment with great advancement potential, please forward your resume to: To be considered for this position, please apply to this requisition.
- ams is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.