Open Position Banner
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To support the ongoing projects and the research and development activities from our group we are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Design mechanical parts for optical set-ups.
- Design electronic socket for tests.
- Design prototypes of optical modules/sensors/others for demonstrations of our products.
- Design mechatronic set-ups for optical sensor and optical component characterization.
- Design of proof of concept of optical sensors and components, to support system definition group.
- Organize the designs and versioning of the mechanical designs from the group.
- Interface external manufacturers, from design and quotation request to final deployment of the set-up/parts.
- Contribute to the SAP-based purchasing activities of the group.
- Contribute to design and 3D print in-house of prototypes and small engineering parts.
- Documentation of the designs, interface with stakeholders and requirement tracking from design to validation of the set-up/designs.
- Establish protocols for consistent import/export of mechanical designs between different softwares (optical, electronic, mechanical, etc.).
- Optimize current opto-mechanical set-up designs.
Your education and experiences
- Technical degree or a Bachelor degree: Mechanical design, mechatronics, etc.
- Interest in optics, sensors for consumer electronics.
- Careful and independent planning.
- English knowledge.
- SolidWorks. Any other CAD design tool is a plus.
- Experience with optical setups is a plus.
- Experience with 3D printing is a plus.
- Experience with electronics and electronic socket design is a plus.
- Experience with thermal mechanical design is a plus.
- Experience with PLM software suites is a plus.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian documentation/task tracker tools is a plus.