Open Position Banner
Senior Staff Engineer, Product (Automotive)
Operations & Manufacturing
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Act as interface between the Business Line and the ams Singapore factories for the relevant portfolio.
- Drive new product introduction, safe-launch and mass production through data analysis. Recommend direction to Operations manager.
- Define, in alignement with the team and the Operations manager, the cost down roadmap, the quality improvement and lead the implemenatoin.
- Support holdlot dispositioning in complex cases.
- Lead ‘taskforce teams’ on complex technical issues and/or with high customer exposure
- Drive and coach 8D teams in case of yield issues, customer complaints, or production problems.
- Lead and support Technology, Test and Product release
- Support production (line) transfers to other facilities or new processes.
Your education and experiences
- 10+ years of experience as a product engineer in the (semiconductor) Automotive industry; familiar with the Automotive way of working.
- Solid knowledge of quality and problem solving tools, like 8D, FMEA, DOE, Fish-Bone Analysis, etc.
- Strong technical analysis competency with the use of analytical tools like JMP/Spotfire, Mini-Tab, etc.
- Knowledge of six sigma is a plus (i.e. Green Belt (or above) certified).
- Experience in project management is a plus