Open Position Banner
Thermo-Mechanical Design and FEA Simulation Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Thermal/mechanical design and finite element analysis (FEA) for the development of opto-electronic packages.
- Responsible of exploring/identifying novel solutions with the aid of FEA in order to meet thermal/mechanical demands across all our devices, with constrained physical environments.
- Provide consultancy concerning packaging problems and improvements in the packaging process
- Respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur, develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment
- Interact with other engineers to define and implement numerical simulations for feasibility, validation of concepts and solutions, in support to new package technology development.
- Perform data analysis, organization of results and redaction of detailed simulations reports. Analyze compliance with product requirements, identify and mitigate areas of risk.
Your education and experiences
- MSc or PhD in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Familiarity with numerical techniques for thermal, mechanical and fluid dynamics FEA with COMSOL Multiphysics is mandatory. Knowledge of Solid Works FLOW SIMULATION is a plus.
- Good knowledge of data analysis tools (MatLab, MSExcel) and ability to critically understand select and report simulations results, in order to explain the physical behavior of the simulated systems.
- Good theoretical background; knowledge of continuum mechanics is a strong asset. Specialization/experience in micro mechanics will be beneficial.
- Good writing and speaking skills in English. German is a plus
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to perform substantially independent technical work, to work under pressure, if necessary, and to manage multiple projects.
- Willingness to travel, if needed