Optical Staff Engineer (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Work within a worldwide multidisciplinary development team to provide optical design solution to customer specifications
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements
- Optical modeling, and optical system performance simulation and verification
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules
- Work well with diverse geographical team
Your education and experiences
- Relevant engineering degree in optics or related scientific or Engineering discipline
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably industrial but academic will be considered
- Design experience in imaging optics would be an advantage, or at least one of the following fields: non-imaging (beam shaping, illumination, concentration, collection, sensing, micro-lenses) and wave-optics (diffractive optics, structured light, micro-lenses).
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies and materials also an advantage
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement
- Ability to travel worldwide
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Optical: Zemax, LightTools, other tools such as CODE V, TRACEPRO, FRED, and VirtualLab are a plus.
- Scientific: Matlab. Python is a plus.
- Data processing and statistical analysis: JMP, R, Matlab.