Open Position Banner
Product Manager Automotive HMI (m/f/d)
Marketing & Strategy
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Our global automotive business line is growing and this brings many current and future career opportunities. Are you looking to take your career to another level? The product manager role is a new opportunity so you really can shape our future automotive product portfolio.
- Together with Segment Marketing Manager and Segment Solution Architect, you will be defining new propositions in the HMI market segment. Just one of the growth pillars of ams’ automotive business is Human Machine Interaction (HMI), a segment focusing on in-cabin monitoring systems (i.e. driver & passenger monitoring & interaction).
- Your Job
- Develop product roadmap for Automotive HMI based on a deep understanding of market & technology trends, customer requirements, and competitor offerings.
- Define market requirements for new products; translate market and technology trends into use case opportunities to drive innovation. Track trends, sizing and value chain for the product area, and define business case.
- Develop relations at key customers for market research and design-in support, and aligning on roadmap for product area.
- Analyze competitors and perform benchmarking for defining product positioning.
- Support development and validation process through product release and oversee characterization of product specification ensuring compliance. Drive timely introduction for products, with suppliers, partners, tools (incl. demos), training and support of sales.
- Develop launch plan for product area including product positioning, promotion, distribution, pricing strategy.
Your education and experiences
- Masters / PhD in Electronics Engineering or similar relevant industry experience.
- You either have a proven track record as an IC designer/application engineer with strategic marketing experience or you are a seasoned marketer with product management experience.
- A background in the Automotive domain is a MUST.
- You are able to bridge between technical and commercial topics and you have solid customer facing skills.
- Experience with working in a large global matrix organization, accomplishing results without formal hierarchies. Hands-on mentality;
- Proficient in English. German or Dutch preferred depending on the location. Outstanding communication skills;
- Willingness to travel for about 25% in average;