Senior Staff Engineer (Digital)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for design and development of mixed signal IC’s from initial concept through production ramp, including design for: manufacturability, yield, test, and reliability.
- Expertise on refining mixed signal IC design for RF immunity – on power/ground leads and signal paths. Mitigation should cover both vertical and horizontal, electric and magnetic fields.
- Performs and supervises detailed design, simulation, PEX / optimization, RF impact calculations, verification and validation of integrated circuits.
- Expertise with SPICE simulations, including: PVT, Monte Carlo, mixed signal, modelling, optimization, etc.
- Experience designing for system / application level concerns including: packaging, parasitics, power, die size, cost, crosstalk, etc.
- Provides positive internal team leadership and communication, coordination of design requirements and tradeoffs, preparation for weekly meetings (internal and customer).
- Technical communication with customer including: presentation in design reviews, representing the analog design team on weekly conference calls, defining / tracking / working to insure schedule adherence, interactive problem solving and real time customer communication, etc.
- Creative problem solver, able to generate new IP and file patents
- Effective troubleshooter – in architecture, modelling, schematics, simulations, and in the lab.
- Generation of relevant documentation including: design reviews, internal design documents, test requirements, etc.
- Calm professional demeanor and excellent listening skills
- Ability to mentor
Your education and experiences
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 15 years of experience – with an emphasis in analog / mixed signal Integrated Circuit Design or a similar specialty.
- 5 years of experience with RF design / RFI / EMC – including expertise in how strong RF fields impact mixed signal ICs
- Experience with technical leadership in mixed signal IC Design, block level specifications, simulation, modelling, optimizing layout for performance, top level design / simulations, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) are required, as real time customer level technical interface and design / team leadership is necessary.
- Experience with relevant CAD tools (including Cadence Virtuoso, SPICE, etc.)
- Excellent team player – as the role requires internal team leadership.