Senior Staff Software Engineer, Firmware (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of software/firmware in embedded systems including interfaces for communicating with hardware
- Responsible for software solution definition, architecture, and design decisions
- Codes to standards and integrate with existing solutions
- Source for customer facing technical documentation content
- 3rd/4th level Customer support: Analyze customer reports and come up with solutions
- Production test development including documentation
- HW/SW co-design
- Support for HW department with SW for low level chip analysis
- Provide accurate time estimates for firmware design and development efforts on new projects
- Back-up for GUI development
- Technical support at product launches
- Up to 15% international travel
Your education and experiences
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in professional software or firmware development for embedded systems
- Advanced knowledge of firmware design and development in embedded systems
- Experienced in low level programming languages like C and ASM
- Experienced in real-time programming ( with or without OS)
- Experienced in using I2C, SPI, Uart for communication with ICs
- Know-how about micro-controllers (preferably ARM Cortex M0/M0+): about blocking/non-blocking execution, interrupt latency, interrupt priority, asynchronous execution flow, etc.
- Know-how about tools like: compiler, linker, archiver, debugger
- Knowing one or more scripting language: perl, python, etc.
- Self-starter, proactive, and self-sufficient in problem solving and accomplishment of tasks
- Basic know-how in GIT, SVN
- Basic know-how in (System) Verilog and simulation environment
- Basic know-how of production test for semiconductor devices with micro-controllers
- Basic know-how about GUI
Collective salary and wage agreement
We offer competitive salaries and additional benefits based on your performance, experience and qualification.
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group F (http://www.feei.at/kollektivvertraege/kv_tabelle/).
We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.