Open Position Banner
Optical Development Engineer (Senior Staff Engineer) Automotive
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Defining and implementing optical labs and systems with internal and external partners
- Perform basic and complex optical system and light solution designs, experiments and analyses
- Benchmark (active) optical components like edge and surface emitting lasers, avalanche photo diodes and image sensors.
- Design system-level optical simulation models.
- Perform extensive optical and light behavior analysis.
- Interpret and report on results including recommendations on optimization.
- Be an innovator and thought leader; regularly develop and protect new IP through patent filings
Your education and experiences
- Masters or PhD in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years' experience is preferred
- Knowledge of optics, optical science, light transmitters and receivers
- Understanding of VCSEL devices physics is
- Hands-on experience with building optical labs
- Hands-on experience with modeling complex optical systems and light behavior analysis using common industry tools (Zemax, TracePro)
- Taking initiative, be enthusiastic and drive
- Independent thinker, taking ownership, resilient and persistent
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, to participate in a cross functional development team
- Affinity with the automotive business / OEM environment, with a high and contagious curiosity
- Focused on quality
- Fluent in English, German is an asset
- Customer oriented with good communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work in intercultural and interdisciplinary teams