Open Position Banner
Opto-Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- Packaging design of optoelectronic devices
- Integration of electronics, optics and mechanics
- Contribute in refining AMS proprietary Opto-Mechanical packaging technologies
- Be responsible of the product technical documentation
- Act as technical project manager on the assigned development projects
- Present findings to the project team, company or customer
- Follow the product prototyping phase remotely or on site
- Sharing the responsibility in Product Design team with the members.
- Ongoing support to other members of the AMS design team locally and abroad
- Contributing to the ongoing creation of a positive, productive work environment
- Must be willing to travel, 20% of the work time
Your education and experiences
- Master degree or higher in: mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling (Solid Works, Creo and AutoCAD preferred), prototyping and development
- Good experience designing very small electro-optics components
- Good knowledge of mechanical and thermal behavior of plastic materials
- Good knowledge of various molding techniques
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis and logic/reasoning skills.
- Able to manage own schedule and technical work product
- Have a very good level in English communication (spoken and written) German is a plus.