Open Position Banner
New Product Introduction (NPI) Staff Engineer
Operations & Manufacturing
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The primary role of the NPI Engineer is to work directly with the Business Unit and NPI Manager based in ams AG in the transfer and release of newly developed products to ams Asia Inc. and to ensure that all new products are developed and introduced throughout the supply chain and manufacturing facilities effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the pre-defined product transfer and release rules ( Release to Production Process, Test and Quality release procedures ).
- • To align, agree and liaise with all relevant stakeholders and optimise the manufacturing and test processes for new products, ensuring product and manufacturing cost and build targets are achieved. Operational performance KPIs will determine the success of the new product introduction.
- • To manage pre-production builds; verifying all test processes and take ownership for the capturing and driving the resolution of identified issues before handing over to Production team.
- • To lead and participate in Process FMEA’s, ensuring that risks are mitigated.
- • To lead new process development and qualification activities.
- • To work closely with Process Engineering team to adapt current processes or qualify a new one for new devices
- • To Manage the generation of new test and backend instructions (in case no C-specs is still available)
- • To liaise with other functions to ensure cohesive integration of all needed shop floor activities and identify where gaps may exist in the current supply chain
- • To arrange / provide support whenever required for product or prototype testing
- • To develop supplier selection criteria in line with sourcing strategies. Achieve cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and help to ensure that products are released to Production to meet customer expectations.
- • To manage the interactions between suppliers and internal support teams throughout the product release cycle. Where required you will visit key suppliers to review progress against key project milestones, initiate improvement programs and assist in the development of processes to improve component quality, ensuring long term reliability levels can be achieved.
- • To prepare the detailed test and Backend reports within a PPAP type environment.
Your education and experiences
- • Graduate of Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering
- • With at least 5 years working in Semicon industry handling Test and Backend functions
- • With product development and production transfer and release experience for low, medium and high volume ramp ups
- • Preferably with experience in test handling, Wafer probe testing and ATE.
- • Knowledge in optical sensor devices electrical, optical and vision testing is a big plus.
- • Interpret and create project plans and professional technical reports
- • Can work with multi-national team