Open Position Banner
Sr Staff Engineer, Optical Development
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Within the design and development of spectral sensor solutions:
- • Perform basic and complex optical system and light solution design analysis
- • Design system-level optical simulation models. Perform extensive optical and light behavior analysis. Interpret and report on results including recommendations on optimization.
- • Defining and implementing optical systems with internal and external partners
- • Be an innovator and thought leader; regularly develop and protect new IP through patent filings
Your education and experiences
- • Masters or PhD in Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering or related field of study.
- • Minimum 6 years’ experience preferred. Experience with microoptics and consumer electronic systems is beneficial.
- • Hands-on experience with modeling complex optical systems and light behavior analysis using common industry tools (Zemax, TracePro)
- • Knowledge of optics, optical science and/or optical sensing
- • Knowledge of the color space, lux, CCT, use of empirical measurements linear regression fitting, etc.
- • Self-motivated, creative problem solver, to participate in a cross functional development team
- • Customer oriented with good communication skills and proficiency in English and German
- • Willingness to travel and work in intercultural and interdisciplinary teams
- • Optional: experience of mechanical construction of semiconductor packages.