Open Position Banner
Strategic Buyer, VCSEL Direct Materials and Subcontracting
Global Strategic Purchasing
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Lead a cross functional team in establishing sourcing strategy, supplier roadmap, development of selected suppliers and performance management
- Source the right suppliers for VCSEL(including materials, foundries, as well as assembly and testing subcontractors) in cooperation with the internal customer
- Negotiates single items including purchasing conditions.
- Issuing purchase orders
- Ensure correct delivery and pricing (follows up in case of variations towards invoice or quotation to solve any difference towards P.O.)
- Ensures material availability by making forecast agreements with the suppliers, and ensures enough material, despite this keep onsite stock low by setting up Vendor stock agreements and procedures with our key suppliers
- Provides regular reports on cost savings achieved by negotiations.
- Works closely with the internal customers to resolve any issue resulting from quality or supply problems of the purchased materials.
- Claim management : Follows up on, and agree closing of claims with the suppliers in coordination with the internal customer
Your education and experiences
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Commercial or Engineering disciplines
- 10+ years’ strategic sourcing experience in the semiconductor industry
- Technical understanding in the VCSEL business and its value chain
- Fluent in English
- MS-Office and SAP-skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to drive cost effectiveness
- Capability to work error free with high workload of detailed numbers and prices
- International team player
- Professional and respectable behavior towards our business partners (suppliers) and towards our internal customers
- Conflict management (example in case of claim situations, allocation times etc.)