Senior Principal, Engineering (m/f/d)
Research & Development
- Regular Fulltime
Place of employment
What we offer:
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Give guidance on technical IP development for the BL toward Tier1 customer. IP represents: IC and package technology, block as well as system level IP, turnkey solutions (IC, package, VCSEL, PDs, WLO). Give further guidance on Tier1 specific design and cooperation methodology across all design centers.
- Work closely with BL management on customer visits and strategic road mapping.
- Work across BLs and divisions on new IP and feedback custom specific opportunities, e.g. ToF, Prox, Biosensing, etc.
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently delivers results in time and achieves project goals.
- Challenges well-established technical solutions (i.e. status quo) and drives adoption of novel and game-changing technical solutions and architectures. Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights.
- Creates innovative products or designs and produces a range of problem solutions. Is responsible for part or all of the technical strategy for the respective field, innovation and concepts. Influences the strategy for dealing with internal or external business and regulatory issues and takes active leadership in technical conferences and standardization bodies.
- Enhancing ams image and influencing external decisions (publication of engineering or scientific papers, patents, articles, books or inventions). Review of patents and papers and participate in technical strategy and roadmap.
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Leads technical discussions with Customers and External suppliers that have major business impact or involve developing new business relationships.
- Develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; proactively drives collaboration with different organizational departments and functions; proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business.
- Can effectively cope with changes; can decide and act without total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty. Can develop innovative solutions without taking any reference or guideline being able to be a pioneer in the industry.
- Deep technical knowledge exchange in the organization and on fellow level; Trainer/Mentor/Speaker inside and outside ams (at least 10% of time).
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage one’s impression on others.
Your education and experiences
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering; PhD is a plus
- > 10 years background in sensor or semiconductor industry
- Experience as a Senior Principal Engineer and substantial additional experience with measure of success and technical direction or management of important scientific or engineering work with evidence of accomplishment
- Commercially minded, excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Ability to anticipate issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Proficient in English
- Outstanding leadership, presentation skills and written/verbal communication
- Customer oriented personality, extrovert and flexible