Demo Kit for AS8506C
This demokit demonstrates the AS8506C’s ability to do Cell Monitoring and Balancing without a microcontroller and firmware. It allows balancing of up to 7 cells completely autonomous. The hardware will support li-based cell packs as well as EDLCs and the Number of cells, target voltage as well as over and under voltage can be configured by resistor options.
Stand-alone operation requires an AS8506C factory trim option to connect the internal comparators for monitoring and balancing to external analog references at power up as a specific default setting.
- Controllerless balancing
- Simultaneous balancing
- Tremendously reduced communication saving costs in the system
- Highly reliable system
- Easy implementation with no or very little software for balancing needed
|AS8506 Cell Monitor and Balancer IC|
All li-based cell packs as well as EDLCs (Electrical double-layer capacitors ==> supercapacitors) in following applications:
- Mobility like automotive applications 12V and 48V, motorcycles, E-scooters, E-Bicycles, E-Karts
- Consumer Electronics like notebooks
- Powertools like drill machines
- Off-grid energy storage like street lighting