AS7263 Spectral Sensing Engine
6-Channel NIR Spectral_ID Device with Electronic Shutter and Smart Interface
The AS7263 is a digital 6-channel spectrometer for spectral identification in the near IR (NIR) light wavelengths. AS7263 consists of 6 independent optical filters whose spectral response is defined in the NIR wavelengths from approximately 600nm to 870nm with full-width half-max (FWHM) of 20nm. An integrated LED driver with programmable current is provided for electronic shutter applications.
The AS7263 integrates Gaussian filters into standard CMOS silicon via Nano-optic deposited interference filter technology and is packaged an LGA package that provides a built in aperture to control the light entering the sensor array.
Control and Spectral data access is implemented through either the I²C register set, or with a high level AT Spectral Command set via a serial UART.
- 6 near-IR channels realized by silicon interference filters: 610nm, 680nm, 730nm, 760nm, 810nm and 860nm, each with 20nm FWHM
- UART or I²C slave digital Interface
- 16-bit ADC with digital access
- Compact spectrometry solution
- Simple text-based command interface via UART, or direct I²C register read and write
- Lifetime-calibrated sensing with no drift over time or temperature
- Small, robust package, with built-in aperture
|Sensor Type||6-channel near IR interference 600-870nm|
|Application(s)||Authentication, Content Analysis|
|I/O||I²C Master or UART (mode configurable)|
|Package||20-pin LGA with aperture|
|Size [mm]||4.5 x 4.7 x 2.5|
|Supply Voltage [V]||2.7 to 3.6|
|Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to +85|
The AS7263 applications include:
- Product authentication
- Bank note/document validation
- Chemical analysis
- Food/beverage safety