AS8650 CAN IC
Smart power management device with high speed CAN interface
The AS8650 is a companion IC which combines power management and CAN transceiver in one high performance analog device for the supply of automotive electronic control units. The combination of DC-DC converter with low-drop-out voltage regulators makes the device highly efficient for automotive ECU supplies.The device provides a high-speed CAN interface up to 1Mbps communication rate conforming to ISO 11898-5.
- Powermanagement IC with integrated DCDC converter
- Three voltage regulators providing 3.3V, 2.8V and 1.8V with accuracy better than 2.5%
- Configurable watchdog functions for start-up, operation and standby
- High efficient DCDC Converter for 5V output
- High-speed CAN Interface according ISO11898-5 with remote wake-up
- Protection against damage
|Typical standby quiescent current [µA]||65|
|Operating supply range [V]||6 - 18|
|Regulated output voltage [V]||1.8 to 5|
|Ambient Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to +105 (at maximum load)|
The AS8650 is best fitting for automotive ECU for power management and providing programmable voltage supply with very low power losses. The on-chip high-speed CAN interface enables fast connection to the vehicle boardnet. The AS8650 is pin compatible with the AS8550 smart power management device which provides a LIN 2.1 instead of the CAN interface.